About the Academic Center
The Academic Center, located on the first floor of the Administration Building, is open to all ACU students and provides makeup tests with the instructor’s permission. It is the student’s responsibility to make a reservation to take a makeup test.
- Academic counseling and accountability is available to all students.
- Study groups are available every semester and vary by time, subject, and location.
- Testing Center – Take proctored exams with your instructor’s permission.
- Tutoring – All tutoring is provided free of charge to ACU students.
- Writing Center – Tutors present to give students writing tips, guidance, and feedback. Open Mondays 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. in the Library.
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed for Chapel on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
Offices are closed on holidays.
Academic Center Staff
Director of Academic Services
As the Academic Director at ACU, I have the privilege of working with students, faculty and staff. I especially enjoy developing relationships with the students and walking them through the rigors of college academia. I love my job. I love making something that students think is so hard and making it palatable. I love running interference for kids. I love watching their joy and giving them a high five when they get good grades. Seven years of experience running my own private tutoring business taught me some invaluable lessons that I bring to ACU’s Academic Center where students can receive counseling, tutoring, and testing. Students with disabilities who have special educational needs are also coached there on how to get the most out of their college experience. My background as teacher serves me well in administering to their special needs. My job is very rewarding and satisfying.
Assistant to the Academic Director