Students may work on a part-time basis to help fund their cost of tuition and fees, as an alternative option to student loans.
Types of Work Study
ACU Work Study
ACU Work Study allows students to work in a paid ACU position, where funds are paid directly to the student’s account to reduce the student’s balance without the use of student loans.
- ACU Work Study is available to ACU students with a balance. Students will be employed at a rate of $12/hour and will be eligible to work only for the number of hours required to pay the account balance.
Federal Work Study (FWS)
FWS is a federally subsidized program that allows students with financial need to work part-time to assist students to pay tuition and/or living expenses without the use of student loans.
- Financial Need is the difference between a school’s Cost of Attendance (COA) and a student’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC), along with other forms of financial assistance (i.e., outside scholarships and grants):
- Financial Need = COA – EFC – Other forms of financial assistance
- FAFSA: All students inquiring to participate in FWS must have completed their current year’s FAFSA application on studentaid.gov.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress: To remain eligible for FWS, students are required to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements according to ACU’s published standards. This information may be referenced in ACU’s current year’s catalog.
Federal Work Study is paid directly to the student twice monthly (15th and last day of the month)
Current rate of pay is $13.85 per hour.
Work Study Application Process
Available positions are searchable on ACU’s Student Employment website. Upon securing a position, the student’s application will be reviewed by HR for final approval for participation in Work Study and to begin the onboarding new hire process.
Please Note: Students are not eligible to begin working until final approval from HR is received and annual renewal is required.
Questions About Admissions?
Contact the Office of Admissions at (602) 489-5300