Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership
The goal of the organizational leadership program is to develop authentic leaders and followers for a changing world through a Christian worldview. The major is an interdisciplinary program designed to develop leaders to move beyond efficiency to effectiveness. It acknowledges the reality that leadership is about more than a title. Where can you use a degree in organizational leadership? The answer is simple: any industry, any career, any field.
Organizations need leaders who can focus on their most important resource: their people. Use the tools you gain from your degree to empower others and help them grow into competent leaders as well. Wherever you work, you’ll be ready to inspire, motivate and lead your team to success.
Why Organizational Leadership at ACU?
These are some of the most important aspects of an Organizational Leadership degree:
- Ability to understand need of project management, feasibility studies, project life cycle and planning techniques and break-even analysis
- Aptitude to comprehend and apply knowledge of organization structure, financial management and project control, monitoring and evaluation
- Proficiency to identify, analyze and apply suitable planning techniques for project management
- Competence to outline, practice and summarize concepts of material management and personnel management
- Integrate leadership theory, scholarship, and practice with developmental self-awareness.
- Evaluate the impact of leading and following within various spheres of influence.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of leadership settings.
- Respond to leadership dilemmas in a manner consistent with one’s personal faith and values.
- Assess the well-being of organizations and individuals using a variety of strategies.
- Gain understanding of essential principles associated with effective leadership principles and how to apply these principles in the day-to-day business environment
- Analyze the complexities of leading, managing and following to allow for opportunities that achieve shared outcomes.
With an Organizational Leadership degree you can pursue a career as:
- Business consulting
- Finance and Insurance
- Governmental agencies
- Technology and IT
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Human resources
- Marketing firms
- Healthcare services providers
- Retail Sector
Academic Major Courses
Core requirements accumulate to 30 credits, 15 credits of Biblical and Theological Studies and 8 credits of science courses. 3 credits of Upper Division Biblical and Theological Studies electives are required.
|Business Administration Core Courses (39 credits)|
|BUS 101||Introduction to Business||3|
|ECO 203||Principles of Economics||3|
|MAT 210||Introduction to Statistics||3||MAT 105 (Pr)|
|CSC 220||Computer Information Systems||3|
|ACC 221||Financial Accounting||3||BUS 101 (Pr)|
|ACC 222||Managerial Accounting||3||ACC 221 (Pr)|
|MGT 232||Personal Money Management||3|
|BUS 301||Business Law||3||BUS 101, ENG 102 (Pr)|
|FIN 330||Principles of Finance||3||ACC 221 (Pr)|
|MGT 340||Principles of Management||3||BUS 101 (Pr)|
|BUS 341||Business Ethics||3||BUS 101 (Pr)|
|MKT 350||Principles of Marketing||3||BUS 101 (Pr)|
|BUS 490||Business Capstone||3||BUS 101 (Pr)|
|Organizational Leadership Focus Courses (18 credits)|
|IDS 302||Interpersonal Conflict Resolution||3|
|MGT 342||Organizational Behavior||3||MGT 340 (Pr)|
|BUS 345||Communication Strategy in Business||3||BUS 101 (Pr)|
|BUS 404||Principles of Leadership||3|
|MGT 440||Human Resource Management||3||MGT 340 (Pr)|
|MGT 460||Strategic Management||3||^ See below|
|^ Prerequisite: Completion of all required business major core courses.|