B.S. in Christian Ministries – Interdisciplinary Studies
ACU’s bachelor of science in Christian Ministries – Interdisciplinary Studies is a liberal arts program allowing you to tailor your studies based on interests and intended career. The flexibility enables you to incorporate a variety of academic disciplines, including Christian Ministries, providing a solid academic foundation for diverse careers and graduate programs.
Why Christian Ministries – Interdisciplinary Studies at ACU?
In addition to a faculty to student ratio of 17:1 and a rigorous and biblically-integrated curriculum, ACU’s Christian Leadership program offers several unique advantages:
- With ACU’s most customizable degree, building your educational plan to match your goals
- Learn the theological bases of ministry and also the practical aspects of putting theory into practice for a specific academic area
- Experience a broad learning experience from a completely biblical worldview while gaining necessary critical thinking, writing, and research skills
What will I study?
Some academic combinations for interdisciplinary programs include the following:
- Communications, broadcast journalism, and film
- Performance music and education
- Psychology and History
- Family Studies and Education
- Political Science, and Economics
- Behavioral Health and Christian Ministries
- Education, Ministry, and Marketing
- Business Management, Entrepreneurship, and Marketing
- Criminal Justice and Management
- Sport Management and Accounting
- Biblical Studies and Political Science
The broad-based nature of an interdisciplinary studies degree can help graduates succeed in:
- Entrepreneurial Roles
- Public Relations
- Healthcare Case Managers
- Purchasing Agents
- Government agencies
- Church Administrator
Academic Major Courses
Core requirements accumulate to 30 credits, 15 credits of Biblical and Theological Studies and 8 credits of science courses.
Interdisciplinary Studies Academic Major (48 credits)
All students must take at least 48 credit hours, which includes a 12 credit hour major core and 36 credit hours in 2 or 3 disciplinary areas. Students are required to take a minimum of 12 credit hours in each discipline area. Of the 36 interdisciplinary credit hours, 15 hours must be upper division (300-400 level) and 6 hours must be 400 level.
Christian Ministries Interdisciplinary Studies Academic Major (12 credits)
|PHI 201||Contemporary Ethics||3|
|IDS 320||Writing Within and Between Disciplines||3|
|IDS 490||Interdisciplinary Studies Capstone||3|