Certificate in Biblical Studies
ACU’s bachelor of arts in Biblical Studies compliments the unique liberal arts curriculum (the CORE) by offering a contemporary, academic study of the Bible. The Bible is studied using the literal-grammatical-historical method of interpretation. Courses provide foundational knowledge of the Old and New Testament, which affords a basis on which to construct well-reasoned theological principles and personal applications. In addition, you will develop an understanding of other worldviews, religions, and contemporary issues. All faculty are conservative evangelical Christians but realize that intellectual honesty demands to expose the students to differing points of view in order to prepare them for contemporary life.
Why Biblical Studies at ACU?
In addition to a faculty to student ratio of 17:1 and a rigorous and biblically-integrated curriculum, ACU’s Biblical Studies program offers several unique advantages:
- ACU’S Biblical Studies program equips graduates with a working knowledge of the historical, literary, and theological content of the Bible.
- At ACU, you will learn to apply the principles of biblical interpretation to the Word of God.
- Develop doctrinal positions consistent with conservative Evangelicalism on key theological issues.
- This in-depth study of the Bible will enable you to deal with complex and sometimes contentious issues that can function as excellent preparation for many professions and vocational ministry.
What will I study?
The Biblical Studies program provides a biblical liberal arts foundation with an innovative approach to general studies that reclaims a Christian conception of the Liberal Arts, preparing students to be influential thinkers. Career-related focus areas will include:
- In-depth look into the contexts of the Old and New Testament
- Approaches for how to study, interpret, and apply Scripture in your life, ministry, and professional work
- Hebrew and Greek grammar and linguistics
- Research, writing, and presentation methods
With a Biblical Studies degree you can pursue a career as:
- Social worker
- Graduate programs including:
- Seminary, Law, and various
- Master’s degrees
In order for student to complete program, student must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours.
|BIB 100||Introduction to the Bible and Biblical Interpretation||3|
|LIA 105||ACU Foundations & Biblical Worldview||3|
|BIB 221||The Relational God||3|
|BIB 222||Image Bearers||3|
|BIB 320||Life and Teaching of Jesus||3|
|BIB 321||Dwelling in God's Presence||3|