“For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again.” – John 10:17-18.

When we look back at conversations Jesus held with His disciples, it seems impossible that they were surprised by His death and resurrection. He kept telling them what He was doing, and they still didn’t see it. I was recently able to see “The Case for Christ” film, and it tells a similar (true) story of a journalist who saw God change his wife, examined the evidence for Christ’s death and resurrection, and despite the evidence resisted submitting to the truth for many months. The evidence is there for those whose hearts and minds are open to the truth. At the same time, I was reminded how often we who know Christ live as if we don’t believe what God has told us – that He loves us, that He will provide, that He wants good things for us. This passage, and the film, reminded me to wait expectantly and confidently for the good things God has promised … and not be surprised when blessings come!

To see all devotionals please go to www.facebook.com/len.munsil/