Minor in Healthcare Policy
ACU’s minor in Healthcare Policy prepares you for significant Christian influence in healthcare policy and healthcare administration. The Healthcare Policy minor combines a strong science background with public policy and healthcare policy coursework, to prepare students to understand both the science and the policies associated with healthcare. Students consider healthcare policy from the perspective of faith and the biblical worldview, and in light of the ideas, values, and institutions of the American system that influence healthcare policymaking and administration. Learn to integrate the biblical worldview into a deep understanding of American healthcare, as you thoughtfully consider and address the opportunities and challenges in this field. By integrating faith and scholarship, students in this minor translate their passion for healthcare policy and administration into significant Christian leadership and influence in their communities, the nation, and the world.
Why Healthcare Policy at ACU?
In addition to a faculty to student ratio of 17:1 and a rigorous and biblically-integrated curriculum, ACU’s Healthcare Policy program offers several unique advantages.
- The ACU Healthcare Policy curriculum prepares you to transform healthcare policy and its administration with God’s Truth.
- Develop, formalize, and integrate the biblical worldview into all aspects of healthcare policy and administration.
- Dig deeply into history, institutions, political culture and ideas that inform American healthcare policy.
- Throughout the minor, you’ll deeply explore the intersection of faith, the biblical worldview and healthcare in history, in the contemporary context, and in future careers.
- The program emphasizes strategic, practical equipping of students for effective citizenship, public-minded service, and positions of influence in politics, law, public policy, and other related areas.
What will I study?
The Healthcare Policy program provides a biblical liberal arts foundation with an innovative approach to general studies that reclaims a Christian conception of the Liberal Arts, preparing students to be influential thinkers. Career-related Coursework focus areas will include:
- Extensive coursework in biology, chemistry or other related sciences.
- Public Policy
- Healthcare Policy
- Additional related political science coursework
Standalone Minor Courses
Healthcare Policy Stand-Alone Minor (20 credits). Choose 20 Credit Hours from the following listed courses. A minimum of 9 credit hours must be 300-level or higher.
|BIO 181||General Biology w/ Lab||4|
|POL 330||Fundamentals of Public Policy||3|
|POL 460||Healthcare Policy||3|
|___ ___||Upper division elective (BIO/CHEM/PHY)||3|
|___ ___||Upper division elective (BIO/CHEM/PHY)||4|
|POL /CRJ__||Upper division elective (300 or above)||3|
At Arizona Christian, we structure our programs to effectively prepare students to transform culture in their workplace. Our checksheets are annual guides that support students along the path toward graduation.