Certificate in Computer Programming
Arizona Christian University’s Computer Programming Certificate is an accelerated, six course program that provides students with foundational skills for entry into a computer programming career. In this certificate program, students will develop deep knowledge of Python programming, as well as the fundamentals of data management and access (HTML, XML, JSON, & SQL) and web development using Django and relevant web applications.
Why Computer Programming at ACU?
In addition to a faculty to student ratio of 17:1, ACU’s Computer Programming certificate offers several unique advantages:
- Curriculum developed by industry experts.
- Accelerated pathway towards a booming career in technology.
- The program focuses on Python, one of the simplest programming languages to learn for first-time coders, yet a highly demanded programming skill.
What will I study?
Beyond equipping aspiring developers in the coding aspects of software development, students will also gain hand’s on experience that will prepare them for an entry-level Python developer position.
Topics of study include:
- Fundamentals of Python programming syntax and best practices
- Creating, modifying, and debugging Python programs
- Using Python with HTML, XML, JSON, databases, and SQL
- How develop a web application from idea to launch using multiple frameworks.
- Fundamentals of data structures
- Database management
With a Computer Programming certificate, you can pursue a career as a:
- Python Developer
- Entry-level Software Developer
- Entry-level Web Developer
- Data Analyst
In order for a student to complete the program, they must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours.
|CSC 110||Intro to Computer Programming in Python||3|
|CSC 205||Retrieving Data with Python||3||CSC 110 (Prerequisite)|
|CSC 225||Python Visualization, Database Fundamentals, and SQL||3||CSC 205 (Prerequisite)|
|CSC 230||Application Development I||3||CSC 225 (Prerequisite)|
|CSC 250||Application Development II||3||CSC 230 (Prerequisite)|
|CSC 335||Data Structures||3||CSC 225 (Prerequisite)|