B.A. in Behavioral Health – Coaching
The Bachelor of Arts in Behavioral Health program is designed to help students learn and understand what constitutes psychological, emotional, and spiritual well-being for individuals. Specialize by selecting one of two emphases counseling, and coaching. All students will learn to consistently practice integration of psychology and Christianity. Counseling students develop practical counseling skills to pursue advanced degrees or work in a variety of mental health organizations. Coaching students apply psychological principles and strategies to encourage personal growth in individuals. With an important emphasis of applying knowledge in an experiential setting, the program includes a credit-earning internship that reflects a minimum of 135 hours at an off-campus site.
Why Behavioral Health at ACU?
In addition to a faculty to student ratio of 17:1 and a rigorous and biblically-integrated curriculum, ACU’s Behavioral Health program offers several unique advantages:
- The behavioral health program at ACU is unique in its practicality, both research-based and biblically-integrated so graduates are equipped with hands-on counseling skills.
- ACU’s graduates have successfully pursued occupations and graduate work in the behavioral health and medical fields for over 2 decades.
- ACU’s program has adopted the five (5) major learning objectives recommended by the American Psychological Association.
What will I study?
The Behavioral Health program provides a biblical liberal arts foundation with an innovative approach to general studies that reclaims a Christian conception of the Liberal Arts, preparing students to be influential thinkers. Career-related focus areas will include:
- General Principles of Psychology
- Human Development
- Counseling Skills: Principles of Counseling, Cross-Cultural Counseling, Counseling Theories, Internship Experiences
- Behavioral Health Research Methods
- Christian Integration in Practice
Students who select the Behavioral Health Major will be able to choose from a variety of job opportunities in the mental health community such as:
- Case Manager
- Behavioral Health Technician
- Psychiatric Technician
- College Admissions Counselor
- Correctional Occupations
- Motivational Speaker
Graduates from ACU will also be well prepared to pursue graduate work leading to licensure in counseling and other behavioral health disciplines.