Will ACU hold a Commencement ceremony for the Class of 2020?

Yes! We are not canceling Commencement, and it will not be virtual – the point of Commencement is to gather together in person and celebrate what our graduating seniors have accomplished. Our Commencement activities and events will occur at the end of the fall semester, from Dec. 17-19, and – as is fitting for our first graduating class after the move to Glendale – we intend to hold those ceremonies on our new campus.

Do I need to participate in a ceremony to graduate, and am I not considered a college graduate until December?

No. If university academic requirements are met, students will be considered college graduates for the purpose of graduate school and employment on schedule in May, and will receive their physical diplomas by mail approximately six to eight weeks after the degree conferral date.

I will be leaving the area after graduating in May and don’t think I will be able to make it back for Commencement in December. Why can’t we do a graduation ceremony later this summer rather than waiting until December?

We completely understand this concern and are so sorry that we were not able hold Commencement this May as previously scheduled, because we know that any alternate date is unlikely to work for all students.

Our senior leadership team spent considerable time in discussion, consultation, and prayer when deciding when to hold Commencement for the Class of 2020. Our goal was to find a date that offered the best chance for as many graduates as possible to participate.

The uncertainty around the timeline for a resolution of the current public health crisis, including when large group gatherings will once again be possible, forced us to consider dates beyond this summer.

We settled on December (as opposed to a random date during the fall), as the most likely opportunity for graduates who leave the Phoenix area to have the flexibility to travel during the holiday season, recognizing also that there would be many who were already planning to come back during that time to visit friends and family for Christmas.

Our goal is for as many Spring 2020 graduates to be able to participate as possible, and it became clear that December provided the best opportunity for the most students to participate.

Will there be a Senior Awards Ceremony?

Yes! The Senior Awards Ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, December 17, 2020.

How do I pick up my cap and gown?

Caps and gowns are here! Your cap and gown will be available for pickup on campus on the following date and time:

• Thursday, May 7 Time: 4 – 6 p.m.

Details for the process of on-campus pickup will be emailed to senior students soon.

In order to pick up your cap and gown the following items must be completed before the scheduled pick-up date:

If you are not available to pick up your cap and gown at the time listed, please email [email protected] for further instructions.

How do I get my honor cords?

If you earned honor cords they will be placed in the package with your cap and gown.

How do I get my stole of gratitude?

Your stole of gratitude will be placed in the package with your cap and gown.

What if I lose my tassel or honor cords or damage my cap and gown before the Commencement ceremony in December?

You will be responsible to keep all pieces of your cap and gown safe until the ceremony. If any items are lost, you will be able to purchase replacements directly from ACU at an additional cost.

Where can I purchase Graduation announcements?

If you would like to order graduation announcements, please follow the link below:
https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/packageBrowse/1001257/Arizona-Christian-University/Graduation-Announcements/colpga_1001257_20/CATALOG_COLLEGE/

Why do we need to pay a graduation fee?

It’s common for universities to have a fee associated with graduation. The graduation fee pays for items such as the degree audit, diploma, diploma case, cap and gown, honor cords, stole of gratitude and all related Commencement activities.