Increased Merit Aid!
Arizona Christian University is excited to announce that we are significantly increasing merit aid for incoming students! Beginning in the 2014-2015 school year, freshmen students are eligible for the following academic awards:
- Pierson Academic Excellence Award: $52,000 over four years
- Dean’s Scholar Award: $44,000 over four years
- Faculty Honor Award: $36,000 over four years
- Phoenix Award: $24,000 over four years
Plus, all Pierson and Dean’s Scholar recipients will be eligible to participate in the ACU Honors Weekend, February 6-7, 2015, where they will interview to receive additional aid. To participate in the ACU Honors Weekend, students must have submitted an application and all supporting documentation and be accepted to ACU prior to the event.
ACU also offers the following awards to transfer students:
- Transfer Scholar Award: $7,000 per year (GPA of 3.5 and above)
- Transfer Achievement Award: $5,000 per year (GPA between 3.0 and 3.49)
- Transfer Merit Award: $2,500 per year (GPA between 2.5 and 2.99)
Your application for admission to Arizona Christian University also serves as your application for the above scholarships. To determine your eligibility for freshmen merit awards, use the ACU True Cost Calculator at arizonachristian.edu/affordable
ACU offers a limited number of President’s Scholarships. Applicants must meet the following criteria, submit an essay and then are selected following an interview process:
- 3.85 GPA (non-weighted)
- ACT composite score of 30 or SAT math and verbal combined score of 1340
If you think you might be eligible for a President’s Scholarship, contact your admissions advisor for more information.
Other Financial Aid Opportunities
ACU offers athletic and music talent awards, church matching grants, and career-specific funding. ACU also strives to meet a portion of students’ financial need through the Firestorm Fund.