Arizona Christian University gathers for Chapel every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. during the Fall and Spring semesters (except during holidays or breaks). The purpose of Chapel is to gather for worship, fellowship, personal development and spiritual formation. Therefore, chapel is considered a vital part of a student’s academic and spiritual experience at ACU. Speakers include pastors, youth pastors, missionaries, faculty members, Christian leaders, and students. Its purpose is to bring us closer to our primary goal of loving God. All students must attend a minimum of 22 chapels per semester.
Changes to Chapel for Fall 2020
During the Fall 2020 semester, the University will be taking appropriate precautions to practice social distancing during Chapel. Many students will still be attending Chapel in the Event Center, while the rest will be attending in smaller groups across 10 different classroom on campus. Chapel will be conducted live in a separate classroom and streamed to the Event Center and the classrooms. Students can find their chapel assignment by viewing their class schedule in Populi. The schedule should show either the Event Center or a classroom for your Chapel assignment.
- Date/Time – Chapel will continue to be every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m.
- Face Masks/Social Distancing – During Chapel, all students, faculty, and staff are required to wear face masks and practice social distancing (at least 6 feet of distance between persons). If you are not feeling well, please do not attend Chapel or class. Contact Campus Safety (602-489-5301) or Residence Life staff immediately if you are sick.
- Attendance – Students are required to attend 22 out of 30 Chapels offered this semester. Attendance will be taken starting at 9:45 a.m. and will end at 10:10 a.m. Students may miss 8 chapels for any reason. No absence is considered excused or unexcused. Any absence due to athletic travel or illness must be within the 8 permitted absences.
- Student ID – Student IDs will be used to take attendance. At a minimum, be sure to 1) download the Populi app to your phone and 2) have a photo on file with the Campus Safety. These items will provide the necessary identification information to take attendance.
- Service Hours – In addition to attending 22 Chapels, all full-time campus students must also complete 14 service hours. These hours can be completed by attending small groups, doing community service, serving in the local church, and more. All service hours must be submitted by the last day of fall class (December 9).
- Additional Information – For more information regarding Chapel and service hours, please contact the Office of Spiritual Life by emailing [email protected].
Chapel may be viewed via Live Stream every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. by clicking on the button below.